Friday, July 15, 2011

The Kids Are Growing...

Well, I knew this day would come. But you never really know what it's gonna feel like until it hits ya...like a HUGE TON OF BRICKS: The kids are growing up. I know, I know...the feelings will only continue to worsen as time flies. But today the feeling stems from this: The girls got their first mail today. From their new teacher, Miss Jacii. She will be their preschool teacher this fall! When I showed them the package their little voices squeeled with excitement. It was just precious. Almost every day they ask me, "Is it time to go to school yet, Mama?" "No," I reply. "Not yet."

I find them in their room sometimes during quiet time pretending to "go to school" (it's either that or Costco-those are the 2 places they go during pretend time-heehee!) We have this Dora backpack that was given to us (mind you we only have 1) and one of the girls will come out of their room with it on (nearly sagging to the ground cause it's WAY too big for them) and they proudly announce, "I'm going to school...see ya later!"

Ah, how time flies. I feel like I say that all the time now and I know I'll be saying it for the next 60 years! :) I truly know how my parents have felt all this time...

So, here's to a new season of life that it just around the corner. A bit a freedom for this busy Mama, with some sadness mixed in as well! *sniff sniff*

1 comment:

  1. They sure are beautiful! Preschool will be a fun adventure for you all!

    ReplyDelete