Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Feet to the Ground...Running

Factoid about Emily #1: I’m not a runner. However, I always wished I was. This was me in P.E.: on the days we had to run the mile (some of you know how dreadful those days were!), I would run the first lap, and then walk the remaining 3 laps. Everyone would be done WAY before me and I stayed behind. I was never motivated to finish the fastest, or even in the middle. I just couldn’t stand the way running made me feel. My knees hurt, I would get all phlegm-y and my chest would tighten up…I was a really hot mess! So, I never really pushed myself.

I was like that with a lot of things. I lacked a bit of passion to excel at something. There were things I was good at, but I never really took those interests to the next level.

Now I find myself at 27 wishing I had pushed myself harder. Wishing I had stuck those piano lessons out…wishing I had continued to write music during the 5 years I didn’t…and the list goes on. But here I am, desiring to step out, in faith, knowing God has gifted me and can redeem my lack of passion and put a new fire under me to get me going!

I find myself taking a lot of music gigs right now. I get a bit overwhelmed sometimes, wondering if it’s a good idea to run with this sort of thing. I find myself questioning if I’m being selfish. But I hold tight to a word the Lord gave me through my pastor a few years ago (I’ll paraphrase) “Step out in the gifts you have been given and LOOK for opportunities to share those gifts.” I started another blog dedicated to my music & to helping others with resources I’ve found helpful. *Feel free to pass it along to those who you think might enjoy/benefit from it! My hope is that it will bring a bit of fire to the unlit passion you too may be experiencing.
So let’s RUN...

Humbly,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment