Monday, May 14, 2012

Change is in the Air

Most of us are not creatures of change.  We love our routine, our structure, our same-'ol same-'ol...ok, maybe it's just us OCD'ers.  But I know I'm not alone.  2012 has felt anything but structured for the Brotherton family.  In January, we put our house on the market.  For those that have ever gone through this process, you know how *crazy* this is-especially with little ones!  Strangers walking through your house nearly everyday (sometimes showing up without an appointment), the need to make your house look and feel like a magazine (when it's totally NOT!)...the list goes on.  But somehow, this structured/wannabe neat-freak of a momma managed to get through it peacefully.  That's from the Lord, for sure!  About 2 months into the house being listed, we got an offer and accepted it with little negotiation (from the Lord as well!).  We haven't quite closed yet, but we're close.  Where we'll go?  We'll stay in Edmonds.  Where exactly in Edmonds?  Not sure yet.  God will provide those details! :)  In the meantime, I'm trying to remain calm about the unknown!  (*Insert nervous laugh here...*)

Another HUGE change in our family is that we're saying goodbye to our in-home nanny, Katherine Joy.  She has lived with us pretty much since the girls were born-allowing me to work to help support our family income.  She was, no pun intended, a JOY!  She became and will always be, Auntie Katy.  She & I have a friendship that has & will continue to stand the test of time.  She will be MISSED, to say the least.  But as they say, "all good things must come to an end", and it's her time to spread her beautiful, capable wings and FLY!  Cheesy, I know-but true!  We pray AMAZING things will come her way in this next season of life!  Love you and appreciate you, Auntie Katy!!!!!!!!

Goodness.  Last, but not least...drumroll please...I will be returning home and have given notice at my current job!  Whew! :)  For those that know details of this job, you know it's been a difficult year for me.  God knows those struggles and I pray He will use this experience to grow me and shape me.  The stress of having to wear so many different hats was overwhelming at times, but I'm very excited to begin a new season of life with my family!  I'm actually a bit nervous to be a stay-at-home-mom.  Uncertain if I'll be any good at it.  It takes discipline & diligence to make the added time at home productive, effective, yet FUN!  I pray I'll be able to find that balance.  The Lord knows how much I need BALANCE! :)  I hope to make time to write more music and also help out with our family business, Sno-King Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning (shameless plug...I'm allowed a few every now and then!)

So there you have it.  A Brotherton family update in a blog post nutshell.  If you think of it, say a prayer for us.  We need God's continued guidance and direction in the months ahead.  Our spirits are ready and willing, yet the flesh feels so weak sometimes!

Hope you and your families are enjoying this amazing Washington weather!  Can I hear an "Amen?"!!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you! How exciting to be at home full time. I'm sure you'll do wonderful! Enjoy this amazing weather.

    ReplyDelete