Monday, February 6, 2012

The Valley

A couple weeks ago, my ladies biblestudy started back up. The moment I sat down I felt myself letting out an inner *sigh*--I just love being there so much. To look around the table is so encouraging-young moms like me, more seasoned moms (note-I didn't say "older"! heehee). This new study is on the book of Psalms; taking a few Psalms each week and looking deeper. The first week, we began with probably the most familiar Psalm of all: Psalm 23. Interestingly enough, this past Sunday in youth Sunday School, Ryan's cousin, Thaan, led a study on Psalm 23 as well. So when our leader mentioned we would start with this Psalm, I kinda sat back and thought, "I just studied this, bummer." Goodness, I am so ignorant sometimes, thinking I've learned all there is to know! Ugh. But of course, I hadn't learned all there is to know about Psalm 23...and I love how we are truly never done learning and growing.

A few thoughts that stuck out to me:
{GREEN PASTURES}

"...he makes me lie down in green pastures." - It doesn't say, "he asks me if I'd like to lie down..." Just like a shepherd knows what's truly best for his sheep (cause honestly, sheep aren't very smart!), the Lord knows what I need, when I need it!


"He restores me soul." - I don't think it's on accident that the "restores my soul" comes immediately after the rest and refreshment of lying down in green pastures and still waters. The act of rest brings restoration to our bodies, souls, minds, hearts...


"He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies..." - It's not me setting the table. This isn't me hosting Jesus at my table. Rather, it's Him preparing a table (with a FEAST on it...most likely including flank steak, twice-baked potatoes and spinich salad - all my FAVES!) And I'm enjoying this feast right in front of my enemies...as though they're not even there!


What peace and comfort The Shepherd brings to His sheep. We are lost, wandering, even dumb at times. And He does whatever it takes, even as far as physically carrying us on His shoulders to bring us through the valley's of life. Love, love, love.
























































From Blog Signature

1 comment: