Friday, December 10, 2010

Time to Stand Tall

Is it weird that I'm finding inspiration today by one of my own songs? :) I find that it's challenging me in ways I didn't expect-as if it's someone else's song. But I'm being gently reminded that it's not a song I wrote-instead, it was inspired by the Holy Spirit and ultimately written by Him. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that I'm being challenged & inspired by it!

If you're anything like me, sometimes life's "stuff" comes to a head and you realize you've been trying to handle things in your own strength. And you know what? It's tiring! Cleaning house, raising kids, trying to keep your marriage strong, friendships, family, church...you see what I'm getting at! Life is full-and I often find myself acting on my own strength (as though I can accomplish things much more effectively than the Lord-ha, I'm SO human, right?!)

So today, I take a deep breath and ask the Lord to take my burdens and "give life to these dry, dry bones" (a line from the song, if you're not familiar with it). Let's stand tall and firm today-relying on God's strength, not our own. If we stand tall through the every day stuff, I believe He gives us even more strength to stand firm on the foundation of our salvation through even the toughest of trials!

May Jesus encourage you today as you strive to stand tall on His firm foundation! Wanna listen to the song, Stand Tall? Click here... (you will want to pause the music player that's at the bottom of my blog) :)

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment